15.11.11

Mum's The Word

For those following in Real Time, you can see the difficulty I'm having in completing the posts--trying to get through such a high density of information with no Real Time or Money$ alotted for it, and yet My Mother insists on saying:


"انتشر الدينر"
"Intashr id.deen"--Says My Mom, that's Who.


But my hand is forced, even though I don't feel that's the case, but woe betide me if I supress anything that's supposed to be Said.

Like, I've been simmering this one for a few months, too:



Surah 110 An.Nasr ( النصر Victory, Help)
إِذَا جَاء نَصْرُ اللَّهِ وَالْفَتْحُ (110:1

وَرَأَيْتَ النَّاسَ يَدْخُلُونَ فِي دِينِ اللَّهِ أَفْوَاجًا (110:2

فَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ وَاسْتَغْفِرْهُ إِنَّهُ كَانَ تَوَّابًا (110:3

Yeah, I Know, How hypocritical of Me!

There is no accessible help that I can see nor any Real Victory for me, either--I wake up in Pain each day (like it's been for the last...since 1997, you count the years) and yet there is still another 'flippin' day, and some say, 'Quit carping, whining, waa waa--it's nothing a warm (private) shower and a long comfortable nap can't cure,' and I say, "Well, I manage to get one or the other but not one after the other, so now what?"

When The Buddha said, "Life is Pain," I didn't think to take it literally.

Just like I didn't think the saying , "Your God is a Jealous God," was meant to be taken literally, either.
But apparently the thinking goes, 'You mean to tell Me there are Men around and they haven't figured that One out!"


{This needs to be said--about the Jealousy thing.

My social ineptitude prevented me from seeing that someOne took it so personally that I would rather sit closer to the wall socket than to sit next to Him on the sofa at Starbux a few weeks ago, and in what I thought to be an unrelated event, 'Michael' asks if we can share an outlet at the self-same Starbux a couple of days ago and, as expected, He came prepared and produced a powerstrip to allow us to share the electric socket.

I didn't think anything of it--to 'plug in' with Him; it's Michael, afterall!--not thinking that The Unnamed One (because We have never been Formally Introduced) would take exception to what has been interpreted as want-Ton$$ behaviour in some quarters, as evidenced by the November 15, 2011 Argyle Sweater cartoon panel on the right. My Bad! }
So, we may as well pull out all the stops and Hand them The Commandments with the added Subtext:

  1. Your God is a Jealous God; You shall have No Other God Before Me--unless they can figure out a Way to get there Ahead of Me or Behind Me.
  2. Thou Shalt Not Kill--That's What Your Uncle Mike is for!
  3. Thous Shalt Not Steal--That's What Your Uncle Jack is for!
  4. Thou Shalt Not Covet thy Neighbor's Wife--when your dead brother's wife will do just fine (lucky for you, Son, you have no other brother).
...and so on,--the subtext having been supressed in the original version so as not to confuse the nascent society that first got it.

Surah 2 Al-Baqara (The Cow)
 
(2:140)  Do you maintain that Ibrahim, and Ismael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the Tribes were Jews, or Christians; Say, "Who Knows better you or God? And who is more lost (misdirected/wrong) that those who mute testimony (suppress witnesses) given them by God, and God is not Unaware of What you do."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment